CIPHER (Center for Innovation in Perioperative Health, Education, and Research) Innovation Grants are similar to other departmental innovation grants, but will apply specifically to projects involving perioperative medicine.
While our care practices as a department involve the entire perioperative spectrum and chronic pain, projects in perioperative medicine that are eligible for support from a CIPHER Innovation Grant would be expected to focus on:
- interventions made prior to surgery (e.g., pre-habilitation or risk profiling)
- interventions made after surgery in the non-ICU setting (e.g., dynamic risk profiling, monitoring, and/or care on the wards)
- interventions made in the operating room with longitudinal outcomes tracked after PACU discharge or discharge to home
CIPHER Innovation Grants may provide up to $50,000 in support for project expenses or CDA time.
- Click here to access the CIPHER Innovation Grant application (Word Document).
- Submit application to Nicki King at email@example.com. Nicki will route applications to Dr. Matt McEvoy for preliminary review (project relevance).
Review and Decision Process
- Applications that pass preliminary review by Dr. McEvoy will be submitted to Dr. Ed Sherwood who will assemble a panel of AREC (Anesthesiology Research Executive Committee) members to review the proposal.
- All applications will undergo review by a panel of at least 3 members of AREC.
- AREC will communicate funding decisions or provide recommendations for necessary adjustments to the proposed project that would result in funding approval.