The Vanderbilt Diabetes Center has a long history of providing continuing education programs on diabetes for health care professionals. Past programs include Sugar Is Not a Poison and Effective Patient Teaching.
Our new seminars will debunk commonly held myths and answer some of the following questions:
- Do you wonder what the current diabetes research shows is the best way to treat hypoglycemia? (Hint: Not orange juice or sugar!)
- Is protein needed at every meal and snack?
- Can folks with diabetes drink alcohol?
- How do I read a patent's blood glucose logs and help guide their care?
- What are all these new diabetes meds about?
- How do I help my patients follow through with the tasks they need to do?
We currently do not have any workshops scheduled. Please check back for upcoming programs!