Celebrate is an opportunity for the entire VUMC community to come together. The 75-minute program will include Dr. Balser ‘s State of the Medical Center address. Attendees will also hear inspiring stories from patients and colleagues, enjoy live entertainment and fun activities. Immediately following the program, all attendees are invited to the annual VUMC picnic.
Three identical sessions are offered to accommodate a wide variety of work schedules:
• Thursday, March 7 – Doors open at 10 a.m., program starts promptly at 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, March 7 – Doors open at 4 p.m., program starts promptly at 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, March 8 – Doors open at 10 a.m., program starts promptly at 10:30 a.m.
These dates and times were chosen to honor the widest variety of schedules for a 24/7 organization like ours.
The event program will be 75 minutes. This does not include pre-event activities or time to take part in the annual VUMC picnic. Doors open 30 minutes before each program begins.
The climate-controlled Vanderbilt University Indoor Football Field (also referred to as the Vanderbilt University Recreation Center) located at 2700 Children’s Way, Nashville, TN 37212. We wanted a venue near the main hospital campus and easily accessible by foot, VUMC shuttle or personal car.
This is a paid event for staff. Timekeepers will be given specific instructions on how to designate the time in the Kronos system.
Your time to attend Celebrate is paid; however, we don’t want you to have to attend on your day off. Work with your supervisor to determine the best session to attend.
Attend the session that works best for you and your team. We have heard that many who work the night shift plan to arrive early for their shift and attend the Thursday at 4:30 p.m. session.
Everyone is invited. Attendance is not mandatory, but we want you to come! The idea behind Celebrate is for everyone to come together for a common, uplifting experience.
Yes, registration is required for everyone. Even if you have kindly signed up as a leader-volunteer, please register. This helps make sure we will have enough seating and picnic meals for everyone.
Registration opens in early January. You will receive an email invitation with the link to register in The Learning Exchange. You can also access the registration link by logging on to The Learning Exchange and searching “Celebrate2019” once registration opens in early January.
No, but you will cotinue to receive automatically generated email reminders requesting that you register until the event.
Yes, Friday, Feb. 21. We need a head count to order food and supplies.
No. Each of the three sessions is identical, so register for the single session that best fits your schedule. We want everyone to have a chance to participate.
If you need to change the session you registered for, please go back into the Learning Exchange link. Click “change session” and then add yourself to your preferred session. Please note that last time we held the Celebrate event, one of the sessions filled up. Please try to confirm your session as soon as possible.
Yes. If you are a leader or manager and signed up as a volunteer member of “The Crew,” please make sure to also register as an attendee as it helps us with our record keeping and planning.
Please only sign up as a volunteer if you can help with all three sessions. While this is a large time commitment, having the same volunteers each event ensures the same experience for all attendees.
Yes, all volunteers will be required to attend a 90-minute training session on March 6 from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. We will post the meeting time and location soon. This training will help ensure that everyone understands their roles, so that we can ensure a smooth event.
• If you work on campus: park in your normal parking area and hop on the "Celebrate Express," a special shuttle service to get you to the event. Pickups start an hour before each event and will run approximately every 5 minutes from the Children's Hospital shuttle pickup/drop off shelter on Children’s Way and the Medical Center North, Roundwing area. Return service is also provided after the event. Here's the Route Map.
• If you work off campus and plan to drive to campus. (This includes employees who work near campus at 3401 West End, 3322 West End, 2525 West End, or Crystal Terrace). Please make it a team experience and invite your co-workers to carpool! Please park in the 25th Avenue Garage (1400 25th Avenue South, Nashville, 37232). Parking attendants will be at the entrances of the garage to assist you.
• If you work off campus and would like to request a shuttle to the event. (This includes employees who work at 3401 West End, 3322 West End, 2525 West End, Crystal Terrace, One Hundred Oaks or Green Hills). Everyone who plans to use the shuttle service must reserve a seat by contacting email@example.com no later than February 22nd to request transportation. Please include the session you will be attending, as well as your work location. Requests will be evaluated and responses will be sent the week of February 25th.
Yes! The annual VUMC Picnic will take place immediately following the 75-minute program. Meals will be available for all attendees to enjoy on site, so you can also participate in post-program activities.
No. We are not able to provide to-go meals. We encourage you to bring your colleagues with you and enjoy the entire Celebrate experience and picnic together.
No, the VUMC annual picnic has been combined with Celebrate this year. There will not be a picnic in May 2019.
Yes. Since the event is inside, it helps us ensure that we can continue regardless of the weather situation.
Celebrate is designed to be an in-person experience, where you and a few thousand of your colleagues will come together for a common experience and celebration. We will provide links at www.Celebrate2019.com
Follow @VanderbiltHeatlh on Instagram and Facebook, or @VUMCHealth on Twitter. Tag us and use the hashtag #Celebrate2019.