On-line, self-learning programs covering all the above topics. Currently available or soon to be available modules on the Vanderbilt CME website include:
- Proper Prescribing of Controlled Prescription Drugs consists of seven web-based, CME approved modules on various topics related to controlled prescription drugs and substance misuse and abuse. Available now.
- Professionalism and the Professional Health and Wellness of the Medical Academic – in development. Proposed completion date is spring 2018. This set will include six modules related to professionalism and professional health.
- Hazardous Affairs© includes modules and a workbook on maintaining professional boundaries. This online course teaches healthcare professionals skills to recognize sexual boundary violations, adherence to current rules related to appropriate sexual conduct and avoiding difficulties on social media.
- Proper Prescribing of Controlled Prescription Drugs: A Clinical Teaching Guide. This teaching guide is a compilation of lessons learned from teaching physicians proper prescribing for over twenty years. The sixteen tips are outlined along with learning objectives, teaching methods to accomplish within the clinical setting and learner competencies for assessing early prescribers on proper prescribing practices.
- Future modules: The Distressed and Disruptive Physician