All lectures, unless otherwise indicated, start at 4PM in 208 Light Hall.
Sandro Galea, M.D., M.P.H., DrPH
- Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University of Public Heath
- Past President of the Society for Epidemiologic Research
- Elected member of the National Academy of Medicine and the American Epidemiological Society
Health Not Healthcare: What We Should Talk About When We Talk About Health
January 24, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biomedical Informatics
Angelika Amon, Ph.D.
- 2018 Vanderbilt Prize in Biomedical Science Recipient
- Kathleen and Curtis Marble Professor in Cancer Research
- Professor of Biology, Koch Instititute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
Effects of Aneuploidy on Cell Physiology and Its Role in Tumorigenesis
January 31, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Offices of the Executive Vice President for Research and the Dean of Basic Sciences
Lloyd B. Minor, M.D.
- The Carl and Elizabeth Naumann Dean of the Stanford University School of Medicine
- Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Professor, by courtesy, of Neurobiology and Bioengineering
Precision Medicine: Predict, Prevent and Cure Precisely
February 21, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Otolaryngology
Ronald Evans, Ph.D.
- Professor and Director, Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- HHMI Investigator
- March of Dimes Chair in Molecular and Developmental Biology
March 7, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Scott Zeger, Ph.D.
- Professor of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
April 18, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biostatistics
Tony Hunter, Ph.D.
- American Cancer Society Professor, Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Renato Dulbecco Chair
May 2, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center has launched the Flexner Discovery Lecture Series featuring the world's most eminent scientists, who will speak on the highest-impact research and policy issues in science and medicine today.