Ronald Evans, Ph.D.
Irwin Eskind Lecture in Biomedical Science
- Professor and Director, Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- HHMI Investigator
- March of Dimes Chair in Molecular and Developmental Biology
Resetting Metabolism and Treating Diabetes by Targeting Factors from Fat and the Gut
March 7, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt Diabetes Research and Training Center
Lloyd B. Minor, M.D.
- The Carl and Elizabeth Naumann Dean of the Stanford University School of Medicine
- Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Professor, by courtesy, of Neurobiology and Bioengineering
Precision Medicine: Predict, Prevent and Cure Precisely
February 21, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Otolaryngology
Angelika Amon, Ph.D.
2018 Vanderbilt Prize in Biomedical Science Recipient
Kathleen and Curtis Marble Professor in Cancer Research
- Professor of Biology, Koch Instititute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
Effects of Aneuploidy on Cell Physiology and Its Role in Tumorigenesis
January 31, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Offices of the Executive Vice President for Research and the Dean of Basic Sciences
Sandro Galea, M.D., M.P.H., DrPH
- Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University of Public Heath
- Past President of the Society for Epidemiologic Research
- Elected member of the National Academy of Medicine and the American Epidemiological Society
Health Not Healthcare: What We Should Talk About When We Talk About Health
January 24, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biomedical Informatics
Helen Hobbs, M.D.
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Dallas Heart Ball Chair in Cardiology Research
- Philip O'Bryan Montgomery, Jr., M.D., Distinguished Chair in Developmental Biology
- Eugene McDermott Distinguished Chair for the Study of Human Growth and Development
Fatty Liver Disease: Ancient Mutations for a Common Disease
January 10, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Medical Scientist Training Program