All lectures, unless otherwise indicated, start at 4PM in 208 Light Hall.
Lynne E. Maquat, Ph.D.
- J. Lowell Orbison Endowed Chair and Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Denistry
- Director, University of Rochester Center for RNA Biology
- Chair, University of Rochester Graduate Women in Science
Vanderbilt Prize Winner in Biomedical Science, 2017
November 29, 2018 | 4:00 p.m.Sponsored by Offices of the Executive Vice President for Research and the Dean of Basic Sciences
Eric P. Skaar, Ph.D.
Danny G. Winder, Ph.D.
Katherine E. Hartmann, M.D., Ph.D.
Vanderbilt Faculty Cutting-edge Discovery Lecture
December 13, 2018 | 4:00 p.m.Sponsored by Offices of the Executive Vice President for Research and the Dean of Basic Sciences
Helen Hobbs, M.D.
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Dallas Heart Ball Chair in Cardiology Research
- Philip O'Bryan Montgomery, Jr., M.D., Distinguished Chair in Developmental Biology
- Eugene McDermott Distinguished Chair for the Study of Human Growth and Development
January 10, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Medical Scientist Training Program
Lloyd B. Minor, M.D.
- The Carl and Elizabeth Naumann Dean of the Stanford University School of Medicine
- Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Professor, by courtesy, of Neurobiology and Bioengineering
Precision Medicine: Predict, Prevent and Cure Precisely
February 21, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Otolaryngology
Ronald Evans, Ph.D.
- Professor and Director, Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- HHMI Investigator
- March of Dimes Chair in Molecular and Developmental Biology
March 7, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Scott Zeger, Ph.D.
- Professor of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
April 18, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biostatistics
Tony Hunter, Ph.D.
- American Cancer Society Professor, Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Renato Dulbecco Chair
May 2, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center has launched the Flexner Discovery Lecture Series featuring the world's most eminent scientists, who will speak on the highest-impact research and policy issues in science and medicine today.