All lectures, unless otherwise indicated, start at 4PM in 208 Light Hall.
Eric P. Skaar, Ph.D.
Danny G. Winder, Ph.D.
Katherine E. Hartmann, M.D., Ph.D.
Vanderbilt Faculty Cutting-edge Discovery Lecture
- The Vanderbilt Institute for Infection, Immunology, and Inflammation (VI4)
- The Vanderbilt Center for Addiction Research
- Resources to Ensure Early Career Scientists Thrive
December 13, 2018 | 4:00 p.m.Sponsored by Offices of the Executive Vice President for Research and the Dean of Basic Sciences
Helen Hobbs, M.D.
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Dallas Heart Ball Chair in Cardiology Research
- Philip O'Bryan Montgomery, Jr., M.D., Distinguished Chair in Developmental Biology
- Eugene McDermott Distinguished Chair for the Study of Human Growth and Development
January 10, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Medical Scientist Training Program
Sandro Galea, M.D., M.P.H., DrPH
- Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University of Public Heath
- Past President of the Society for Epidemiologic Research
- Elected member of the National Academy of Medicine and the American Epidemiological Society
January 24, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biomedical Informatics
Lloyd B. Minor, M.D.
- The Carl and Elizabeth Naumann Dean of the Stanford University School of Medicine
- Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Professor, by courtesy, of Neurobiology and Bioengineering
Precision Medicine: Predict, Prevent and Cure Precisely
February 21, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Otolaryngology
Ronald Evans, Ph.D.
- Professor and Director, Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- HHMI Investigator
- March of Dimes Chair in Molecular and Developmental Biology
March 7, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Scott Zeger, Ph.D.
- Professor of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
April 18, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biostatistics
Tony Hunter, Ph.D.
- American Cancer Society Professor, Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Renato Dulbecco Chair
May 2, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center has launched the Flexner Discovery Lecture Series featuring the world's most eminent scientists, who will speak on the highest-impact research and policy issues in science and medicine today.