New Changes Effective April 30, 2018
Effective Monday, April 30, 2018, it will no longer be a requirement for the collector of a blood bank specimen to write their VUnetID and collection date on the new lab ready label.
Positive Patient Identification (PPID)
Positive patient identification (PPID) must be completed with all Blood Bank specimens.
The Blood Bank will accept the following PPID forms:
- The form that prints upon answering "No" on the Doc task within eStar.
- The reprint order report which can be printed from chart review or within tasks (small paper icon) next to the collection task within eStar.
- The downtime Blood Bank form in eDocs.
The PPID form requires dual signoff completed by either:
- The patient and the collector; or
- The collector and a second VUMC staff member
Printable Education Flyers:
Operating Rooms and Procedural Areas using OpTime Positive Patient Identification