Student Didactic and Laboratory: June to December
Consists of two (2) class periods each day including lectures and laboratory work. Courses are taught on a rotation schedule and include the following:
- Clinical Chemistry and Instrumentation
- Blood Banking (Immunohematology)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Urinalysis and Body Fluids
- Molecular Diagnostics
Clinical Laboratory Rotations: January to June
Consists of eight (8) hour days spent in specific clinical laboratory areas. Students are evaluated on their abilities in a clinical setting and on correlation of laboratory results with disease states.
- Core Lab (Chemistry, Hematology, Hemostasis & Thrombsis, Urinalysis & Body Fluids)
- Microbiology (including Mycology and Virology)
- Blood Bank
- Toxicology and Esoteric Chemistry
- Molecular Infectious Diseases
- Molecular Genetics
In addition, a seminar course will introduce students to supervisory and management skills as well as special interest topics such as molecular diagnostics, POCT, regulatory compliances, etc.