Steps for Applying to VUMC's Nurse Residency Program
- Start the application process by clicking on the "apply now" link on the right side of this page. After clicking on "apply now," enter the position code in the "Search by Keyword" box on the next screen.
- Within 72 hours of application, you will receive an email with instructions that will direct you to a second site where you will enter additional information specific to the Nurse Residency Program.
- At this site, you will submit the following information:
- Your track selection
- E-mail contact information for 2 clinical faculty who will serve
The faculty will receive an email message from us with a link that they will
use to submit your reference using our template.
- E-mail contact for your Dean’s office so we can confirm your cumulative
and nursing GPA in addition to your projected graduation date
- Your work, volunteer and leadership experience
- Any intern or externship experience
- Your official school transcript
- From this site, you will be able to monitor the status of your references (whether or not they have been received)
- Once all required components are complete, you will be able to do a final submission of your packet.
- Complete packets must be received before the posted deadline.
- Approximately 2 weeks after the application deadline, candidates will be notified of their interview status and next steps.
For additional information or questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org