Steps for Applying to VUMC's Nurse Residency Program
- The Nurse Residency Program accepts applications three times a year. During the time applications are being accepted, the "APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED NEXT" in the blue box (located on the top right) will include a job posting number and a link to apply.
- Within 72 hours of application, you will receive an email with instructions that will direct you to a second site where you will enter additional information specific to the Nurse Residency Program.
- At this site, you will submit the following information:
- Your track selection
- E-mail contact information for 2 clinical faculty who will serve
The faculty will receive an email message from us with a link that they will
use to submit your reference using our template.
- E-mail contact for your Dean’s office so we can confirm your cumulative
and nursing GPA in addition to your projected graduation date
- Your work, volunteer and leadership experience
- Any intern or externship experience
- From this site, you will be able to monitor the status of your references (whether or not they have been received)
- Once all required components are complete, you will be able to do a final submission of your packet.
- Complete packets must be received before the posted deadline.
- Communication will be sent to all candidates prior to the September interview session. This communication will happen within two weeks of the application deadline.
For additional information or questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org