Our Nurse Residency Program offers track options to allow nurse residents to work in areas that match their interests and career goals.
New grads hired into the residency program are full-time employees who are eased into the role of professional nurse through didactic learning sessions and hands-on clinical training, all under the guidance and support of our professional nursing staff and nursing education specialists.
Additionally, our Nurse Residents benefit from:
- Experienced preceptors in all clinical areas who provide support and guidance
- The knowledge and expertise provided by our VUMC experts
- Focused training at the department level
View VUMC Patient Care Tracks at a glance by clicking on the cover.
Trouble viewing flipbook? Click
for printable pdf version.
Additional career opportunity for new graduate nurses at VUMC:
||UNIT & HOSPITAL LOCATION
|Adult Cardiac Stepdown
|Adult Acute Care Medicine
|Adult Acute Care Surgical
|Adult Critical Care
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care (CVICU), 5 North VUH
- Trauma Intensive Care (TICU), 10 North VUH
- Surgical Intensive Care (SICU), 9th Floor Critical Care Tower
- Medical Intensive Care (MICU), 8th Floor Critical Care Tower
- Neurology/Neurosurgery Intensive Care (NIC),
6th Floor Critical Care Tower
- Adult Emergency Department (ED), 1st Floor VUH*
* Candidates with clinical, practicum, or work experience in the Prehospital or Emergency setting will be considered for NR positions in the Adult Emergency track.
- VOR Holding Room/PACU, 3rd Floor VUH
- VUMC Regional Burn Center (Burn), 11 South VUH
||(Units located at Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital)
|Pediatric Acute Care
||(Units located at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt)
|Pediatric Critical Care
While not part of the Nurse Residency Program, an Adult Perioperative Internship
is available for new graduate nurses.