VUMC is applying for national accreditation from the ANCC for the Nurse Residency Program through the Practice Transition Accreditation Program (PTAP).
- This is the next step in validating our Nurse Residency Program (NRP), which has been in existence for over 10 years.
- Accretitation from ANCC will allow all three entities to bypass a specific transition section of our 4th Magnet document.
- This is an opportunity for us to improve and standarize processes across VUMC.
- We are seeking accreditation through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Practice Transition Accreditation Program (PTAP)
- Our application includes all areas where we currently send Nurse Residents (Adult Acute Care, Adult Critical Care, Pediatrics, and Behavioral Health.
- Our final self study document will be submitted to ANCC by May 1, 2019.
- We anticipate a virtual visit by ANCC appraisers in Summer of 2019 and a decision by October of 2019.
March/April Informational Brochure
Here is a resource if you are interested in learning more about the VUMC Nurse Residency Program, including its history and scope at VUMC.