Vanderbilt Advanced Practice Vision
To be the national leader in advanced practice, education and research, in advanced practice roles and specialties and across the continuum.
Vanderbilt Advanced Practice Values
- We value patient safety and quality.
- We value strong, interprofessional and multidisciplinary collaboration and communication.
- We value a contiuous learning environment.
- We value full scope of advanced practice education and practice.
- We value legal, ethical and professional integrity.
- We value scientific inquiry and translation of research into practice.
- We value innovative, diverse and visionary advanced practice leadership.
- We value improving the health of the community through outreach and wellness initiatives.
- We value patient and family centered care.
- We value effecctive shared decision making.
Services Our Office Provides
- Credentialing and privileging support
- Professional Practice Evaluation and advancement
- Professional education and development
- Transition to practice programs
- Quality development and assurance
- Licensure, certification and regulatory guidance
- Recruitment framework and assistance
- Interprofessional initiatives
- Business case development for practice
- Staffing model and ratio guidelines
- Consistency in compensation, benefits and professional support
- Virtual advanced practice centerwith resources for APRNs, APRN leaders, and physicians
- Shared governance model for entity specific and enterprise wide APRN councils, committees and boards