The Office of Advanced Practice, in conjunction with the New Clinician Orientation (NCO) and Organizational Development Office, has designed a three day training session. Through skill review, didactic and discussion sessions, and computer system training, Advanced Practice Providers learn how to adapt to practice in the Vanderbilt workplace.
New Clinician Orientation will consist of 1.5 days of informational sessions and additional EMR systems training. This program is designed to provide essential information on specific topics such as quality, safety, documentation, clinical systems and professionalism.
• Feel welcomed, comfortable and a part of the organization
• Understand the mission, values, and goals of the organization
• Adopt the organization's goals and support its philosophy and vision
• Understand key responsibilities of their position and the impact it has on others
• Introduce providers to the Vanderbilt campuses
• Provide an overview essential knowledge regarding professionalism, safety, documentation
and quality that they will need to be successful in their clinical practices
• Provide training on how to navigate through and use basic clinical systems
Registration is handled through the LMS by Stephanie Keene. Please contact her regarding registration at 615/875-3199 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the NCO website for additional information.