WELCOME TO STUDENT PLACEMENT!
***VUMC will be implementing a new medical record system beginning Fall 2017. There will be a blackout period for students November 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org***
Undergraduate Group Clinical Placement
VUMC provides group clinical placements for affiliated Nursing Schools. Please check with your nursing school for further information.
Undergraduate Practicum Clinical Placement
The undergraduate practicum clinical placement positions the student in a one-on-one learning situation with a Registered Nurse. Students participate in a dynamic experience that combines nursing concepts with clinical practice.
- VUMC provides undergraduate preceptorship experiences for affiliated Nursing Schools. Please check with your nursing school for further information.
- View the Practicum Calendar
- For more information email email@example.com and please specify VUH, VPH, or VCH in your subject line
Graduate Clinical Placement
VUMC faciltiates additional clinical placements for graduate students that are enrolled in an affilated school. We are always thrilled to welcome students for clinical rotations. Please reference the below guidelines for the additional placement process.
Please submit all requests at least eight (8) weeks prior to the start of your clinical experience
- Reach out to potential preceptors in your area(s) of interest and verify willingness and availability.
- Complete the Student Clinical Placement Request Form
- Student Placement team will verify current affiliation agreement in place with school.
- Link to orientation module/online quiz and confidentiality statement will be sent to you
- Student Placement team will reach out to your faculty advisor identified on the request form for verification of immunizations, background check and other required documentation.
- Student placement team will send a clearance email to you, your preceptor and faculty advisor along with instructions to pick up your student ID badge.
*If you have any questions regarding any clinical experiences, please contact Student Placement directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Observational experiences for individuals who are interested in observing in a specific area are offered through Vanderbilt Observational Experience (VOE). Each observational experience is approved through NEPD.